Monday 7 October 2013

Province Apothecary Parfum Botanique No. 7 - Review


Finding a good natural personal fragrance can be a bit of a headache. With so few brick and mortar stores that ascribe to the green beauty dogma, buying blind is something that a lot of us have to do. No.7 in Julie of Province Apothecary's Parfum Botanique lineup is one blind buy that I do not regret at all.

All the notes in this fragrance are clearly listed on the Province Apothecary webstore; Sicilian bergamot, Australian sandalwood, juniper berry, bay laurel, and vetiver make this scent warm, smoky, and spicy with a hint of bitter, almost food-grade zest. On my skin, the sandalwood and vetiver are the most prominent notes (I'm fine with that, they're the reason I chose this scent!) I have noticed, however, that when I apply this fragrance to clothing, the bay laurel sticks around a little bit longer (a note on this: you must be careful as this perfume is oil based, but a few drops on the inside of the collar and the cuffs really improve the longevity without risking any staining).

Speaking of the longevity, I will say that it isn't on par with that of any synthetic scent (which is fine by me if it means I don't have any of these fragrance fixers in my system). This perfume projects for about 3 hours before settling very close to the skin. However, what I find incredibly nice is that once it has settled onto the skin, it stays there, enhancing your natural musk. Furthermore, the bottle is such a convenient size that it's really no hassle to carry it around for re-application. In fact, whipping out this gorgeous glass bottle with its oh-so-chic label, and dabbing the roller delicately on my pulse points feels like a luxury that I am affording myself rather than a chore to maintain my scent.

I'm so pleased to have found a line of unisex Canadian fragrances that I can really get behind! Next on my shopping list: No. 14. Ylang ylang, atlas cedar wood, frankincense, benzoin... swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment